2011 DUBAI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY DP WORLD
To be held on the Earth Course, Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai, UAE
Pro-Am: Tuesday 6th December 2011 : Tournament: Thursday 8th – Sunday 11th December 2011
The Dubai World Championship presented by DP World is the US $7.5 million golf tournament that will be the climax to the 2011 RACE TO DUBAI. The top 60 players in The Race to Dubai on Sunday 4th December will qualify and be invited to compete in the season ending tournament that will also have a US $7.5 million Bonus Pool distributed to the top 15 in The Race to Dubai after the Dubai World Championship
We are currently recruiting for the following Volunteer Positions for the 2011 Dubai World Championship:
- Volunteer Marshals – responsible for crowd management and overall player movement. This includes both roving and static marshals. Priority will be given to those multiple-day volunteers (5, 4, 3 or 2-day) or experienced marshals. A small team of marshals will also be required to work on Pro-Am Day of the Dubai World Championship on Tuesday 6th December 2011. Jenni Hoskins has been appointed the Chief Marshal for the Dubai World Championship this year. As many of you will know, Jenni assisted Buddy Morin in the first two years of this tournament. Buddy is now enjoying a new role of Referee as and when required but will be supporting Jenni on any aspect she requires. Jenni has also had experience in the role of Chief Marshal for the Dubai Ladies Masters each year since its inauguration in 2006 and been Assistant Chief Marshal for the Dubai Desert Classic for the past eight years. We look forward to working with Jenni in her key position this year.
- Volunteer TV Scoring Support - to walk around with allocated key star matches within the ropes and report back on the walkie-talkie radio to Tour Productions Control to assist the TV Commentators in providing full and accurate on course player and tournament information. Priority will be given to those volunteering for all 4 tournament days.
Those looking to register interest in being part of the Volunteer Marshal operation during the tournament as well as the curtain-raising Pro-Am on December 6 should fill in the form and email Jenni Hoskins on . Click here to download the form.
Each Volunteer will be required to work a minimum of between four (4) to six (6) hours on the course per shift, excluding reporting time beforehand. The length of the shift will be dependent on the nature of the volunteering position.
DUBAI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - VOLUNTEER PACK
All Volunteers will receive the following:
- If working three or more days, two (2) Dubai World Championship uniformed golf shirts from the Greg Norman Collection; if working two or less days, then one (1) golf shirt, together with a Dubai World Championship hat, all to be worn whilst on duty.
- Breakfast or Lunch (dependant on time of assignment) plus all-day refreshments, including afternoon tea if working a later shift, on each day of volunteering duty.
- Invitation to attend the Volunteers’ Welcome gathering on either Saturday 26th November 2011 from 7pm – 8pm or on Sunday 27th November 2011 from 7pm – 8pm. The Volunteer Packs will be distributed at these gatherings and all information will be communicated to Volunteer Marshals present. All volunteers who are in the UAE on these dates are required to attend either one of the two gatherings.
- Invitation to play in the Volunteers’ Thank You Golf Day Tournament to be held at the Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai, approximately one week after the final day of the Dubai World Championship Tournament (to be confirmed. It is most likely to be a tee-time start from approximately 7am. This Tournament will be followed by a Prize Presentation Lunch /or Dinner and Awards Ceremony.
Thank you again for your interest and we look forward to welcoming you all to another exciting Dubai World Championship tournament.